What you already realize however, is that coping with a break up will be difficult. And, dealing with break up is always toughest immediately after a break up happens.
- First, stay calm. I know your emotions are running a little off balance. You’re angry, sad, unsure, and heart sick. Being calm will help you relax mentally and prevent you from doing something unreasonable.
- Next, resist the temptation to get in contact right away with your ex. You need a little time away from the relationship to figure out how to get through a break up. Give yourself about a month to cope with the break up before you try to get back with an ex.
- As you are working through what to do after a break up, don’t go out on dates with other people. Hooking up with others will only further complicate your current situation.
- After a cooling off period, don’t act as if your ex has fallen off the face of the earth. If you want to get back together with your ex, then it is a good idea to remember important moments like birthdays, holidays, and other special times of the year.
- Don’t get into mind games with your ex. If you still love your ex, it makes no sense at all to undermine any attempts to get back with an ex by playing immature relationship games.
- Don’t let yourself go wondering what to do after a break up. Keep yourself in shape and eat right. Being as healthy and fit as you can be will go a long way to make your ex want you back. Being attractive is key.
- Keep your inner feelings to yourself. Sure, you love your ex. But, as you are dealing with break up, do not tell your ex that you love them. You want to create a certain amount of emotional distance and mystery about yourself in order to make your ex somewhat curious about what you are doing.
- You can be certain that your ex is wondering what to do after a break up too. They will go out of their way to busy themselves with all kinds of other people and activities to make you feel as if you never really mattered. Rest assured, you mattered a great deal, so don’t let your ex’s “new” lifestyle discourage you from trying to find out how to get your relationship back.
Breaking up is never easy. But, it has been my experience that most break ups can be reversed.
Don’t be anxious about what to do after a break up. If you need some extra help, there are lots of good resources on the web to help you in dealing with a break up.